Get real-time media updates and get the latest news
Changes and fixes：
1. Added “Recently Added” playlist
2. Added “USB Audio output” setting. Choose between fixed and variable volume when using USB output.
3. Fixed problem causing lowered volume of balanced output while using Airplay.
4. Fixed lag when using SBC in Bluetooth receiver mode.
5. Improved compatibility when connecting to Sony Bluetooth headphones.
6. Fixed problem causing crash of system when trying to play corrupted audio files.
Please visit download page of Shanling M5s to download latest firmware update
Alternative Google Drive download (.zip)
How to update:
1. Make sure your device is fully charged.
2. Unzip the downloaded file and put “update.bin” file into root folder of Micro SD card.
3. Go to System update in System submenu, click on “TF card update” and confirm. Wait until system restarts. Check in settings About M5s to be sure new firmware is installed.
4. If Micro SD card was removed during update process, M5s will show “insert TF Please”, please insert Micro SD card back into your device in order to continue update.
5. If update doesn’t start after choosing “System Update”, please check if the file has been unzipped, if the file is placed in root folder, or if the file has been damaged during the transfer.
Over-the-Air firmware update
Shanling M5s can be updated to latest firmware version using Wi-Fi connection.
1. Connect M5s to Wi-Fi network connected to internet.
2. Go to System update in System submenu, click on “Network update”, confirm update and update will start to download and install. Wait until download and installation is completed and system restarts. Check in settings About M5s to be sure new firmware is installed.
Note: If latest version of firmware is already installed, M5s will show notification and will stop update.