Update for your love machine
Version: M5s V4.2
File size: 43.1MB
Release time: August 11, 2021.
Developer: ShanLingDownload USB DRIVER M5s Manual
Changes and fixes:
1. Added SyncLink compatibility for iOS. Please make sure you are using latest version of Eddict app available in app store.
2. Added volume control when connected to iOS.
3. Added volume adjustment for Bluetooth Headphones/Speakers.
4. Fixed Tidal login issues.
5. Improved compatibility with certain TWS earphones, including variants of Apple Airpods.
6. Improved SyncLink and Bluetooth receiver functions.
7. Optimized Autoplay in vehicle mode.
8. Other bug fixes.
Please Note: Firmware adjusted battery percentage indication. After update, percentage might show incorrectly. Please run your device through one complete charger-discharge cycle to reset the battery percentage indicator.
Intended for use in car, with M5s semi-permanently installed and with USB-C cable always connected.
When M5s detects charging, it will automatically turn on.
When charging stops, M5s will automatically turn off after 1 minute.
Turn off in-vehicle mode when using player normally.
How to update:
1. Make sure your device is fully charged.
2. Unzip the downloaded file and put “update.bin” file into root folder of Micro SD card
3. Go to System update in System submenu, click on “TF card update” and confirm. Wait until system restarts. Check in settings About M5s to be sure new firmware is installed
4. If Micro SD card was removed during update process, M5s will show “insert TF Please”, please insert Micro SD card back into your device in order to continue update.
5. If update doesn’t start after choosing “System Update”, please check if the file has been unzipped, if the file is placed in root folder, or if the file has been damaged during the transfer.
Over-the-Air firmware update
Shanling M5s can be updated to latest firmware version using Wi-Fi connection.
1.Connect M5s to Wi-Fi network connected to internet.
2. Go to System update in System submenu, click on “Network update”, confirm update and update will start to download and install. Wait until download and installation is completed and system restarts. Check in settings About M5s to be sure new firmware is installed.
Note: If latest version of firmware is already installed, M5s will show notification and will stop update.
Driver: M5s USB driver
File size: 1.60MB
Release time: 2018-10-15