Update for your love machine
Version: M5s V3.0
File size: 39.4MB
Release time: May.20th,2019.
1. Added music streaming media: Tidal.
2. Added the support of firmware file on Wi-Fi file transfer.
3. Added independent volume controlling system of Bluetooth receiving and playing status.
1. Improved uncontrollable volume of Bluetooth output and Airplay on Apple Music App.
2. Improved wrong letters sequence of albums or artists.
3. Improved button invalid when entering lock screen mode.
4. Improved unable of connecting Wi-Fi problem when switching Wi-Fi.
5. Improved long-pressing response time of fast forward and fast rewind.
6. Improve unable of connecting Wi-Fi with Chinese name.
7. Other bugs fixes.
How to update:
1. Make sure your device is fully charged.
2. Unzip the downloaded file and put “update.bin” file into root folder of Micro SD card
3. Go to System update in System submenu, click on “TF card update” and confirm. Wait until system restarts. Check in settings About M5s to be sure new firmware is installed
4. If Micro SD card was removed during update process, M5s will show “insert TF Please”, please insert Micro SD card back into your device in order to continue update.
5. If update doesn’t start after choosing “System Update”, please check if the file has been unzipped, if the file is placed in root folder, or if the file has been damaged during the transfer.
Over-the-Air firmware update
Shanling M5s can be updated to latest firmware version using Wi-Fi connection.
1.Connect M5s to Wi-Fi network connected to internet.
2. Go to System update in System submenu, click on “Network update”, confirm update and update will start to download and install. Wait until download and installation is completed and system restarts. Check in settings About M5s to be sure new firmware is installed.
Note: If latest version of firmware is already installed, M5s will show notification and will stop update.
Driver: M5s USB driver
File size: 1.60MB
Release time: 2018-10-15
Please visit the official website http://www.shanling.com to enter the product page to download and install the latest firmware.
Open the machine to enter the "System Settings" interface, select the "USB Mode" item and set it to the "DAC" state and return to the main interface.
After connecting to the computer, please extract the file "M5s USB driver.rar" and install the "setup.exe" file to the computer.
Right click on the “Sound” option on the computer and select “Playback Device” and check “Speaker SHANLING AUDIO DEVICE” as the default device, as shown above.
Please log in to the official website http://www.shanling.com to enter the M5s product page for related downloads.