Get real-time media updates and get the latest news
Shanling M5s Firmware V3.6
1. SyncLink – Control playback of M5s from connected Android smartphone or tablet.
2. Added Genre browsing.
3. Added Russian language setting.
Note: To use SyncLink function, you need to install Shanling Music app. App is available as .apk file in the zip file with firmware update.
Note 2: SyncLink function is still considered beta, there will be following updates.
Note 3: At current time Shanling Music app is available only for Android devices.
Changes and fixes:
4. Optimised Tidal performance
5. Other bug fixes
How to update:
1. Make sure your device is fully charged.
2. Unzip the downloaded file and put “update.bin” file into root folder of Micro SD card.
3. Go to System update in System submenu, click on “TF card update” and confirm. Wait until system restarts. Check in settings About M5s to be sure new firmware is installed.
4. If Micro SD card was removed during update process, M5s will show “insert TF Please”, please insert Micro SD card back into your device in order to continue update.
5. If update doesn’t start after choosing “System Update”, please check if the file has been unzipped, if the file is placed in root folder, or if the file has been damaged during the transfer.
Over-the-Air firmware update
Shanling M5s can be updated to latest firmware version using Wi-Fi connection.
1. Connect M5s to Wi-Fi network connected to internet.
2. Go to System update in System submenu, click on “Network update”, confirm update and update will start to download and install. Wait until download and installation is completed and system restarts. Check in settings About M5s to be sure new firmware is installed.
Note: If latest version of firmware is already installed, M5s will show notification and will stop update.