Update for your love machine
Version: M2X V2.5
File size: 40.8MB
Release time: Dec.6th,2019.
1. Added ReplayGain function. Go to Playback menu to enable.
2. Added Playlist Import / Export function.
- Works with .m3u playlist files.
- Playlists will be exported into “_explaylist_data” folder in root folder of Micro SD card.
- To import user created playlists, put .m3u file into “_explaylist_data” folder in root folder of Micro SD card and click “Import playlists” in Playlist menu.
- We recommend to export one playlist from your M2X and follow its formatting for user created playlists.
3. Added quality settings into Tidal app.
4. Added new theme (Theme 2)
5. Album cover and lyrics can be downloaded from internet and added to currently played file.
Note: Tap on now playing screen and tap on last icon on right (icon of CD).
Changes and fixes:
1. Improved Equalizer performance, limiting distortion when using high level of adjustment.
2. Album browsing submenu now recognize external jpg files as album covers.
3. Playing interface can be quickly changed directly on Now Playing screen. Tap icon in upper right corner.
4. All Songs browsing now shows Artist name.
5. Added date setting. Date is displayed on lockscreen.
6. Improved performance of Lyrics function.
7. Fixed problem of unit not charging to 100%.
8. When Sleep timer is set, system wait until currently played song ends and then automatically turns off.
9. Optimized screen brightness, now can be set for lower level for use in night.
10. Improved font files to avoid problem with some special symbols from different world languages.
11. Other bug fixes.
How to update:
1. Make sure your device is fully charged.
2. Unzip the downloaded file and put “update.bin” file into root folder of Micro SD card
3. Go to System update in System submenu, click on “TF card update” and confirm. Wait until system restarts. Check in settings About M2X to be sure new firmware is installed
4. If Micro SD card was removed during update process, M2X will show “insert TF Please”, please insert Micro SD card back into your device in order to continue update.
5. If update doesn’t start after choosing “System Update”, please check if the file has been unzipped, if the file is placed in root folder, or if the file has been damaged during the transfer.
Over-the-Air firmware update
Shanling M2X can be updated to latest firmware version using Wi-Fi connection.
1.Connect M2X to Wi-Fi network connected to internet.
2. Go to System update in System submenu, click on “Network update”, confirm update and update will start to download and install. Wait until download and installation is completed and system restarts. Check in settings About M2X to be sure new firmware is installed.
Note: If latest version of firmware is already installed, M2X will show notification and will stop update.
Driver: M2X USB driver
File size: 3.31MB
Release time: 2018-10-15
Please visit the official website http://www.shanling.com to enter the product page to download and install the latest firmware.
Open the machine to enter the "System Settings" interface, select the "USB Mode" item and set it to the "DAC" state and return to the main interface.
After connecting to the computer, please extract the file "M2X USB driver.zip" and install the "setup.exe" file to the computer.
Right click on the “Sound” option on the computer and select “Playback Device” and check “Speaker SHANLING AUDIO DEVICE” as the default device, as shown above.
Please log in to the official website http://www.shanling.com to enter the M2X product page for related downloads.