Get real-time media updates and get the latest news
Subscribe to our Email Newsletter and stay updated
Shanling M8 Firmware V1.5
Use OTA update on your player or download update file from Google Drive(1.2 GB)
New system functions and changes:
1. Optimized compatibility with Exfat formatted Micro SD cards.
2. Fixed issue causing lag when used as Bluetooth amplifier or USB DAC.
3. Further fix for output issues (muted or distortion).
4. Overall improved stability of Shanling Music app.
5. In Shanling Music, long file names will be displayed over two lines
6. In Shanling Music, fixed issue with displaying album art on certain files
7. In Shanling Music, fixed issue with correct resume position on certain files.
8. Other bug fixes.
Note: Firmware update might lead to loss of data from Shanling Music app.
How to update:
1. Make sure your device is fully charged.
2. Copy downloaded .zip file into root folder of internal memory.
(without unpacking .zip file)
3. Open “Support” app (purple light bulb icon). Go to “Update”, switch to “Local Update” and locate zip file.
4. Confirm install and wait until device updates and restarts itself.
Over-the-Air firmware update
Android players can be updated to latest firmware version using Wi-Fi connection.
1. Open “Support” app (purple light bulb icon).
2. Tap on “Update” (might be “Upgrade” in older versions or in some other languages).
3. App will find new firmware update for your Android player. You can choose from one of two servers and then proceed with downloading.
4. When fully downloaded, confirm installation and wait until system finishes its automatic update. After device restarts, everything is ready for you.
Note: If latest version of firmware is already installed, player will show notification and will stop update.