Get real-time media updates and get the latest news
Subscribe to our Email Newsletter and stay updated
Shanling M8 Firmware V1.22
Use OTA update on your player or download update file from Google Drive.(1.2 GB)
New system functions and changes:
Adjusted system, additional patch or device registration no longer needed
Adjusted battery consumption, especially when device not in use
Improved DSD Playback
Improved compatibility with high capacity MicroSD cards
Fixed compatibility of in-vehicle and prime mode
New screenshot method – Slide three fingers on screen to take screenshot
Added support of MQA playback, M8 now act as a MQA Full Decoder
Please Note: For compatibility with Tidal MQA, please make sure you Tidal app is version 2.36.1 or higher.
Shanling Music app changes:
1. EQ system now save changes done by user. Added two more custom settings for EQ
2. Currently played song can be deleted directly from Now Playing Screen
3. List of playlists can be sorted alphabetically or by time of creation
4. Folders can be sorted alphabetically, by size or by time of creation
5. Adjusted design of now playing screen
6. Adjusted sorting of Japanese alphabet
7. Improved performance of the widget
8. Improved library scanning
9. Other bug fixes
How to update:
1. Make sure your device is fully charged.
2. Copy downloaded .zip file into root folder of internal memory.
(without unpacking .zip file)
3. Open “Support” app (purple light bulb icon). Go to “Update”, switch to “Local Update” and locate zip file.
4. Confirm install and wait until device updates and restarts itself.
Over-the-Air firmware update
Shanling M8 can be updated to latest firmware version using Wi-Fi connection.
1. Open “Support” app (purple light bulb icon).
2. Tap on “Update” (might be “Upgrade” in older versions or in some other languages).
3. App will find new firmware update for your M8. You can choose from one of two servers and then proceed with downloading.
4. When fully downloaded, confirm installation and wait until system finishes its automatic update. After device restarts, everything is ready for you.
Note: If latest version of firmware is already installed, M8 will show notification and will stop update.